The Odisha Construction Corporation Ltd. (O.C.C Ltd), one of the first public sector construction company in the whole country was established in the year 1962 to create major infrastructure in the state of Odisha. It started with a high level specialization in execution of civil and mechanical construction projects. Later, the corporation added proficiency in Engineering Consultancy to its repertoire.. During nearly six decades of its existence, the corporation has developed expertise and know how in the field of planning, designing and construction and successfully executed a wide range of projects in Odisha and outside.
The Corporate office O.C.C Ltd of is located at Bhubaneswar. It is headed by the Principal Secretary to Government, Water Resources as ex-officio Chairman. The Managing Director of the Corporation functions as its Chief Executive who is usually a senior level Chief Engineer (Civil) of the Department of Water Resources on deputation to the Organization. At present it has four Zonal Offices, seventeen Civil Project Offices, six Mechanical Project Offices & one System Business Unit. The Zonal Offices and Project Offices are headed by General Managers and Senior Managers respectively. Besides, the Corporation has a separate Construction Consultancy Division to look after consultancy works. To ensure high standards, OCC deploys well trained and highly qualified professionals of various disciplines related to Civil, Mechanical engineering
- Positioned itself as a pioneer in Engineering project execution in the country for nearly six decades .
- A Leader in the construction industry in India.
- The Premier agency with significant contribution in construction of important engineering ventures of the state.
- Contributed highly in execution of all multipurpose river valley projects in the State
- Constructed many important bridges, harbours, thermal power stations and railway projects in Odisha.
- An integrated engineering group specializing in various disciplines.
- A good in-house computer aided design and management cell, modern workshops and sophisticated construction equipments.